Conservative Club is non-profit, non-governmental and non-partisan association of individuals, families and organizations, who are loyal to the traditional
Judeo - Christian values of Western civilization and who want to defend and develop them in all areas of life.
- support renewal of traditional values and civic virtues
- defend values of family, marriage and human life
- mobilize and educate pro-family and traditionaly thinking peoples for becoming active citizens
- represent the Christian point of view in public life
- inform pro-family voters about timely issues and legislation
- seek and articulate a vision of free and virtuous society
- providing web - site for popularising conservative thinking and policy
- publishing the printed magazine KONZERVATIVNI LISTI (Conservative Leaves) bi-monthly and distributing it free of charge. KONZERVATIVNI LISTI is flag-ship of our activities.
- organization of lectures, seminars and discussions focusing on political, spiritual and philosophical topics
We agree with Concervative Agreement that
Judeo-Christian traditions, which we came to know from Revelation, which are fortified by our experiences and provable by reason, the roots from which the Western civilisation grew, and we maintain that they express the basic truths about the nature of man and of being.
The Coservative Agreement
The Conservative Agreement was born at the beginning of 1998 when the initiative of the Right Fraction with ODA (Civic Democratic Alliance) failed to redirect this yet functioning governmental coalition partner back to its right wing reform program.
The demise of the coalition government in the fall of 1997 was caused both by the deviation from the reform program and folowing aggravating economic problems,and by the revelations of corruption in financing of its political parties. It revealed to many the shabby foundation on which most of so called reform democratic and conservative political right stood.
This encounter of ideas broght the Conservative Covenant that is not only an exelent expression of politicalconservatism but also the appeal to realization. The Covenant became the founding document of the Strana konservativni smlouvy (SKS, Conservative Covenant Party) founded in 1998. SKS has not made headway into a political life and merged eventually with a similar non-parliamantary Conservative Party.
As such it remains quite marginal in its struggle to survive. The vision of the Conservative Covenant thus remains unfulfilled.
One way to carry out its message regardless of one or the other political party is through the activity of the civic association of the Conservative Club Ostrava.
If you want to contact us, please click here: